The question is not, what is technologically and scientifically possible, but what is reasonable and sensible from a social point of view.
In the previous article Extreme Housing (Technobiz Dec 2006) already a comparison ha been made between the traditional culture, the current situation and the future developments. The global situation require a completely new approach, because the housing of the future, including the necessary construction structures, will not take place at the current level.
The biggest brake for the future developments is the economy itself, which is today considered to be a solution for all problems and which is characterized by utopian construction models, which are far apart from the expected changes of the future.
New production locations, increasing infra-structure costs in the suburban areas, increasing unproductive sector, increasing productivity of the individual work place.
Limitations created through titles of land and property, the necessity to establish integrated production facilities and so on are indications of the lower structure as described in this contribution.
If we follow the economic-scientific works of current times, we find it clear development of moving the production to these areas where the cost of production is the lowest. Uneconomical entities are closed down, the fusion of entities is a logical result of decision, because the Market determines the happenings. Thanks to todays communication and information systems, quick decisions can be taken to produce and to market more cost-effectively. Under the term Market one understands all possible things and refrains from defining the same. The Market is supposed to react , and so it will be in future and so it is at present, because sufficient number of theoreticians have engaged with the practical aspects. And that development is taking place in the prescribed manner is absolutely undisputed, because: it is the opinion of all the competent leaders.
Complex happenings are explained with the help of mathematical models. If there were a God of Mathematics, it would probably offer thunder and lightning to quickly clean the theory-pollution taking place!
To verify the assumptions and to compare with the realities. But what if the assumption and the reality are the same? A clear case for correcting, which is however the greatest danger, because exactly the correcting here is the error, which is not recognized. In this way we proceed in a manner, which is wrong but which we assume to be connect.
We refrain in the following examples intentionally to indicate names. Critical readers will anyway understand, what and who is meant:
- Thanks to higher productivity of machines combined with advertising measures, an automobile manufacturer can offer higher quality and larger quantities accordingly with enormous price reductions.
- Higher mobility requires wider roads, new bridges, infra-struc income generating measures in order to finance the new investments: hospitals, schools, museums, etc. Are necessary but can also be established privately.
- Increasing education promotes degree holders, who due to disintegration of the traditional system- look for employment opportunities.
- Private and government jobs are necessary in order to promote the prosperity.
- Higher productivity in other countries puts the local markets under pressure,- Jobs are lost as the cost of production is high. At the same time capabilities and talent is lost, as a rule for always.
- Missing jobs mean falling incomes and lower purchasing power. Higher productivity sinks the prices, increasing uniformity with higher quality enables the prices to be reduced.
Concluding, we allow yourselves to refer to a communist leader in XX. century, who, unfortunately, promoted an economic system, which can be seen as a twin brother of the capitalist system. It recommended the theoreticians unlimited field work and other practical work,- historically we speak of the cultural revolution, a measure, which is today’s western oriented system could have interesting consequences!
Labels: Appropriate Technology, Economy, Prof Dr Norbert Pintsch
posted by Omar M. Ali @ 9:52 PM,
At June 10, 2013 at 1:12 PM,
Hello, i read your blog from time to time and i own a
similar one and i was just curious if you get a lot of
spam feedback? If so how do you stop it, any plugin or anything you
can suggest? I get so much lately it's driving me crazy so any support is very much appreciated.
Here is my site - übersetzungsbüro frankfurt - -
Links to this post: